WHO ARE WE?
We are J SQUARE STUDIO SPRL, a limited liability company incorporated under Belgian Law, duly registered at the BCE under N°0674.669.444, with its registered office at 1435 Corbais, Rue Haute 44A, Belgium.
We are a company active in the Virtual Reality field and we are acting namely through the brand “VEX”.
J SQUARE operates with the following companies (affiliated or not):
- Amazon Web Services
- Microsoft Corporation
- Google LLC (Android)
- Unity Technologies
- Google Inc.
- Facebook Inc.
J SQUARE STUDIO websites are:
OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
This basis may be:
- where you have given your consent; or
- for the performance of a contract; or
- where necessary to comply with a legal obligation; or
- where necessary to protect the safety or other vital interests of an individual; or
- where it is necessary to provide a complete and enjoyable VEX experience to you and deliver associated content and services, including VEX esports competitions and prize contests; or
- where it is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests of J SQUARE or another party.
When we process your personal data based on our legitimate interests, we make sure we consider and balance any positive or negative impacts on you and your data protection rights regarding our rights and interests. We will not use your personal data for activities where the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise permitted by law) is more important than our interests. Whenever we process your data, we ensure that we always take account of your rights.
Examples of the “Legitimate interests” of J SQUARE, include the interests of J SQUARE in conducting and managing our business to enable us to provide the best experience to our customers including:
- Operating networks and systems to allow us to securely sell and supply our goods and services;
- Processing and analysing data to get a more informed picture of our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences and needs;
- Using this information to help us enhance our products;
- To better understand how customers interact with us to help us improve the functionality and content of our customer’s experience;
- Promoting, marketing and advertising our products and determining the effectiveness of these campaigns to help us improve the relevance of our communications to our customers
- Protecting customers, employees, staff members and other individuals and maintaining their safety and welfare;
- Handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- Protecting J SQUARE, our staff members and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to J SQUARE;
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations.
WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION IS COLLECTED FROM YOU?
We may collect data from you:
- When you purchase services or products from us;
- When you browse our websites or receive emails from us;
- If you contact our customer contact centre;
- If you visit one of our centres;
- If you respond to a feedback survey, enter a competition with us, request your playing score or interact with our social media channels.
The personal information we may collect and process may include the following:
- Name, gender and date of birth;
- Contact details including your address, telephone numbers and email address;
- Records of your transactions including what and when you purchased from us;
- Passwords you create for your account;
- Marketing preferences and your survey responses;
- Correspondence and communications with J SQUARE;
- Recordings within our centres or accident and incident reports;
- Gameplay data’s, including but not limited to: scores, game statistics & achievements;
- Images and videos of the games from you;
- Other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as Twitter or public Facebook pages).
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you play in one of our Virtual Room Centres, when you set up an account, or send an email to our customer contact staff. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example, through your website browsing or transaction activity.
We may collect your personal information or usage data from third-parties, including:
- Social media platforms. We may receive personal information if you choose to link a third-party social media platform with the Service. Exactly what information we receive from your social media will depend on your social media privacy settings.
- Third party service providers or partners. We may receive personal information about you from third party sources, such as from other centres providing our services and products.
- Advertising partners. From time to time, we may also receive personal information for advertising purposes, so we can provide you with better products and services, enhance our ability to serve you, focus content we provide to you, and offer you opportunities to purchase products or services we believe may interest you.
- We will apply the terms of our Privacy Notice to any personal information received from a third-party, unless we have disclosed to you otherwise. However, we may not control or be responsible for these third-parties’ dissemination of your personal information.
HOW IS YOUR INFORMATION USED?
We may use your information:
- to process orders that you have submitted;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us;
- to seeking your views or comments on the products and services we provide;
- to notify you of changes in our products and services;
- to send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about campaigns, appeals, promotions of our associated companies’ products and services;
- for administrative and business purposes;
- to improve our business and website;
- in connection with our legal rights and obligations;
- for certain additional purposes only with your explicit consent.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION?
We may pass your information to our third-party service providers, agents subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf. However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure, not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes, and to keep it for no longer than necessary for the purposes of completing the tasks and providing the services to you on our behalf. We will not release your information to third parties for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or where we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us.
We will not contact you by email, post, phone or text message unless you have given your explicit prior consent. You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email:
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have the right:
- to access your personal data and to be informed about its use,
- to correct your personal data,
- to have your personal data deleted,
- to restrict the use of your personal data,
- to object to the use of your personal data,
- to complain to a supervisory authority,
- to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data,
- to ask for the portability of the personal data you shared with us,
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS AND UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION
The accuracy of your information is important to us. We are working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that we hold about you. In the meantime, if you change email address, or any of the other information we hold appears inaccurate or out of date, please send an email to or in writing to J SQUARE STUDIO SPRL – at 1435 Corbais, Rue Haute 44A, Belgium.
SECURITY PRECAUTIONS IN PLACE TO PROTECT THE LOSS, MISUSE OR ALTERATION OF YOUR INFORMATION
When you provide us with your personal information, we take appropriate measures to ensure that it’s treated securely.
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. You are responsible for the password which may enable you to access certain parts of our websites and for keeping this password confidential.
USE OF ‘COOKIES’
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third-party site.
TRANSFERRING YOUR INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF THE EU
If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
Our web site may also use web site recording services which may record mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms. The information collected does not include bank details or any sensitive personal data. Data collected in such a fashion is for our internal use only. The information collected is used to improve our website usability and is stored and used for aggregated and statistical reporting.
REVIEW OF THIS POLICY